Butterfly Park, Banneraghatta

15th June 2014

I had visited Banneraghatta few times but never bothered to have a look at the Butterfly Park nearby. I thought that my daughter would like the place.



The authorities claim that there are 20 species of butterflies in the park but I could not see all of them. It seems the number of butterflies increase a lot during the month of October. I am not sure but would like to visit again during October/November.



It is a decent place to spend some time and understand the world of butterflies. A small gallery and a documentary provide insight into the life of butterflies.








Only a small fraction of people visiting Banneraghatta visit this park. Hence the place is less crowded. But “graphitti” people have put their marks on the flowers also. It is a pity that we have such lousy people. 



Labels: , ,